Friday, June 24, 2005

SPRINTS: Ryan Litt Heads to Berlin...Michigan

Courtesy Tommy Goudge, PR Manager, Ryan Litt

Ontario's Ryan Litt is very excited about going right back at it this weekend with the wing over his head. The team has decided to forgo the USAC National Sprint Car event at the Richmond International Raceway tonight, which they had tentatively planned on attending, in favour of once again competing with the AVSS Sprint Cars at the famous and historic Berlin Raceway in Marne, Michigan on Saturday, June 25.

"We decided it would be best both for me and for the team economically, to stick close to home and run Berlin instead of traveling down south to Richmond," said Ryan this week. "I'm a little sad I won't be able to race at Richmond as I have been looking forward to it since the winter, but we'll just have to wait until next year. Berlin will be a fun place to run, it is a tricky joint to drive at and get the setup right, and so I am looking forward to the challenge. I have to thank all my sponsors for allowing me to compete both non wing and winged this season: Thanks to BS&B Radiators, BRR Media, Kolors by Kropy, Leaf Racewear, Pro Shocks, BOC Gases, Fast Eddie Racewear and Bell Helmets."

The team's tentative plans for the rest of the year are to compete in the remainder of the pavement USAC National Sprint Car events, with the exception of Milwaukee in August (The AVSS tour makes a return visit to Ontario that weekend), as well as some more AVSS and HOSS events with the wing on, although no plans are officially set in stone.

Looking back on Toledo, Ryan had this to say: "Toledo was sweet, I had a lot of fun, and it was a neat feeling being able to almost flat-foot it around the high banks of a half mile racetrack. It gave me a similar feeling to what an Indy car looks like on T.V. I was happy with how our entire night went, and we even qualified well for a change. I am pretty new to the two lap style qualifying, but I think I'm finally catching on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment