Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Tracy Comments on First Day of RCR Cup Test at MIS

BROOKLYN, Mich. (Aug. 8, 2005) -- Champ Car star Paul Tracy drove Richard Childress Racing’s (RCR) No. 33 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Chevrolet today in the first day of a two-day test at Michigan International Speedway. The following are comments he made at the end of the day.

What are you overall impressions after the first day of testing?

PT: “It’s a lot different from what I do. To go out on fresh tires and really lean on it hard, sometimes to the point where I don’t know exactly how far I can push it, is still an area to learn. But that last long run was good. It was consistent and I was able to play with the line and run a consistent time the whole time and everyone was happy with it so it was a good run. Tomorrow morning we’ll try to run it a little harder on fresh tires. But I’m happy. I’m just trying to take it one step at a time and not force the car past its limits.”

David Hart, Director of Communications
Richard Childress Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment