Tuesday, August 16, 2005

F1: Rubens goes to BAR (From TSN)

Barrichello joins BAR-Honda in 2006

By TSN.ca Staff

BAR-Honda have confirmed that Rubens Barrichello will join the Brackley-based squad in 2006.

The Brazilian, who has been strongly tipped to join the team following Ferrari's decision to hire Felipe Massa next year, has agreed to a 'multi-year deal', according to the team.

'I am very excited to confirm that I will be joining BAR-Honda in 2006. I wish to thank everyone at Ferrari for six fantastic years,' said Barrichello. 'I have won many races with them and I am proud to have helped the team, to date, to win five Constructors' World Championships. However my target remains winning the Drivers' title and to achieve that I felt that I needed a renewed motivation.'

BAR-Honda boss Nick Fry called the addition of Barrichello an 'exciting milestone' in the team's history.

'Rubens is not only an excellent driver, but he has the experience of building a race and Championship winning team and these skills are very important as we work to take BAR-Honda to the next level,' said Fry."

... more at the link above...

No comments:

Post a Comment