Friday, October 5, 2007

ARCA: FRANCHITTI POSTS 17th PLACE FINISH IN FIRST STOCK CAR RUN

Talladega, Al - Dario Franchitti was both encouraged and disappointed with his 17th place finish in the ARCA RE/MAX 250 at Talladega Superspeedway.

Franchitti had problems adjusting to pit road procedures in the world of stock car racing, but stated he enjoyed his first start in a full-bodied race car.

"If I could go out there right now, knowing what I've learned, I know I could do a much better job," Franchitti said, an expression of desire coming across his face. "I would love to be out there racing tomorrow and Sunday.."

At this time Franchitti, scheduled for a full run in the Sprint Cup Series in 2008, is unsure just when his next start in a stock car will come. A team representative stated an announced should be coming next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment