Monday, May 30, 2005

Rough start for the F1-K/ MMG Financial Dodge Charger: Crash and disqualification lead to a short night

Release prepared by Russ Bond Agency (www.russbondagency.com)

FLAMBOROUGH, ONTARIO The F1-K/MMG Financial Dodge Charger made its debut in the Ontario Pro Challenge series at Flamboro Speedway on Saturday night. It turned out to be a short night for the team, as driver, Russ Bond was disqualified after contact with Kevin Crowhurst at the finish line of the first heat.



The two drivers were battling for fourth, when the contact happened as they went under the checkered flag. "It was my fault," said Bond. "I knew I was beaten to the line, and I let off as we crossed the stripe and my car moved a little to the left. I just barely rubbed Kevin, and he pivoted around my nose, sending both of us into the wall hard."

After the incident, Bond talked about the disqualification. "I don't really care about being disqualified, as that is the track's call. What I do care about is the fact that I unintentionally caused a lot of damage to Kevin's car. I've talked to Kevin about it, and I offer my sincere apologies to Kevin and the entire O'Connor Transportation team for ruining their car and their night."

With the 'double disqualification' (disqualifications were handed down from both the track and the series), the F1-K MMG Financial Dodge Charger received no points for the opening night of racing. "They call what they see, or what they think they saw, and you can't argue with that," Bond said.

The next outing for the F1-K/MMG Financial Dodge Charger will be on June 11 at Peterborough Speedway.
"Hopefully we'll do better at Flamborough and get our season turned around." Bond said.

For more information on Cameron Motorsports, visit www.cameronmotorsports.com or call them at 905-679-2122.

No comments:

Post a Comment