Tuesday, May 24, 2005

CASCAR: Dilley’s Dodge charges to third at Mopar 250

London, ON – May 22 2005: Starting from eighth position, Mark Dilley drove his heart out to capture a third place finish and a strong debut of the new Dodge Charger during the season opening Mopar 250 at Delaware Speedway on Sunday. Windsor’s Ron Beauchamp Jr. earned his first victory in seven years driving the Mopar Parts Dodge Charger while team-mate Dave Whitlock finished second to make an all-Dodge podium.

“I am so happy for Dodge, Mopar, Mobil1, Exide and everyone else that’s helped us bring this new #9 Dodge team together this year” said an exhausted Dilley who ran in the top-five all day. “It’s been a whirlwind ever since we unveiled this new Charger on Tuesday and to be here on the podium is just awesome. It’s great also for Ronnie to get this big win and to have an all-Dodge podium at this Mopar event is big for everybody. We have a few new guys on the team this year and they gave me great pit stops and Whitlock Motorsports gave us a great car.”

“I have to say also that Don Thomson Jr. is a class act. We raced so hard most of the race and he never leaned on me or bumped me; he made me work for it though – I have never, ever drank all of my water in a race before. He kept me focused on my mission, and here I am on the podium.”

Dilley charged to 4th position by lap 75 and pitted at lap 102. On lap 119, he was in 3rd but fell to 5th by lap 130. During his final pit on lap 172, he got out ahead of Thomson’s #4 Home Hardware Chev and for the balance of the race, the two were virtually under a blanket, with Dilley never relinquishing the position. Whitlock slipped under both of them during the final 13-lap sprint but his chase of leader Beauchamp ran out of time.

On TV: this race will air at 9 p.m. on June 11 on SPORTSNET.
Next CASCAR Super Series race: June 4 at Montreal’s Autodrome Ste. Eustache.

For more information about the schedule and CASCAR see www.cascar.ca
For more about the team and sponsors see www.whitlockmotorsports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment