Tuesday, May 31, 2005

And I thought I was harsh about the Coca-Cola 600...

From the Brendan Gaughan press conference transcript...

Asked if he saw the Coca-Cola 600 on Saturday night, the Truck Series driver said,

“Do you mean the six and a half hour yawner? Actually I took a break. I went to a movie in the middle of it. That’s the fun thing about not being in Nextel Cup any more. I went to see The Longest Yard. It was a good movie. I watched a replay of it, and of course I Tivoed it so I could watch bits and pieces. It was an interesting race. I’m not going to knock on guys. You kind of wonder what some guys are thinking some days. It was a boring race except it had a lot of what the fans want – a lot of crashes and a lot of controversy with teammates taking each other out in the Ganassi camp, and that was an accident. Casey getting Sterling, the Michael and Dale thing, wow. Having Ryan Newman come back from that mess and finishing where he did. Jimmie Johnson, I love him to death. We’ve been friends forever. Dang, he’s good. It was a fun race for me to watch. I watched the first part of it, went to a movie, came back and the race was still on. Watched the end, so I enjoyed it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment