Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Formula BMW USA: Last hurrah for Pelletier in Canada

Montreal, August 22nd, 2007. – Maxime Pelletier’s venture in Formula BMW USA ladder series will come to an end this coming weekend when he completes the last double header of the season on the fabulous roadracing facility at Mosport, just an hour north of Toronto, Ontario. At the helm of the FB02 #10 HBR Motorsports single seater for the last two rounds, the Montreal 16-year old driver wants to go out in style and will not make any prisonners come Sunday night. Presently in fourth place in the standings, Pelletier still has in mind to finish on the final podium, with third place only 15 points away, and clinch his first victory in the process.

“I still have in mind the stupid move the leader in the standings (Daniel Morad) pulled on me in Road America, said a bitter Pelletier. He ruined deliberately my hopes to become the series vice-champion. But I can still earn enough points to finish third or even second with a good weekend. I will definitely give (Esteban) Gutierrez and (Alexander) Rossi a run for their money. I will not drive foolishly but agressively in Mosport: I had good results last year and my team, HBR, won a round. So, I think I can run right up there at the top of the charts. It is still my goal to win a round and prove the series officials they made the right decision last year when they awarded me a BMW Scholarship.”

“I know Mosport to be a demanding track for the driver and the machine. But my HBR crew has given me fast material all season and Mosport is a track where courage turns into extra speed. I want to go out in style and thank my team with a victory in the last rounds.”

A test day before the regular schedule: Regular race schedule will start with the last test day on Thursday. The official activities will take place Friday with three sessions : free practices from 9:35 to 10:00 and 12:55 to 1:20 PM. And finally the first qualifying sessions from 5:15 to 5:40. It will be Saturday for the second qualifying session from 8:00 to 8:25. Reds will go out for the start of the first race in the afternoon at 5:00 sharp. The curtain will fall on the season finale on Sunday at 1:30 PM. “They better watch out because I’m going to give it my best, and last shot”, concludes Maxime.

Maxime Pelletier is completing his second year in the North American premier ladder series Formula BMW USA after being nominated Junior driver last year. He is racing with the Austrian HBR Motorsports team. Mosport is the seventh and last double header programs in the 2007 schedule. Pelletier is fourth in the 2007 standings only 15 points away from third. His future plans will be announced later but different avenues are being considered in Europe and America. He may be reached at maxime@maximepelletier.com

Source: Michel Poirier-Defoy

No comments:

Post a Comment