Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another Podium for Twofast Racing!

MONTREAL, QC - The Twofast Racing team as completed another profitable run at the Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship presented by Toyo Tires in Mosport over the past weekend. With a great podium finish for the Subaru and another top 10 for the underpowered MAZDA, all eyes are on this team for the battle for the championship’s lead.

Éric Leblanc, driver of the # 140 Subaru WRX/STI had this to say: « The weekend went well overall even with the little set back we had in qualifying and the Saturday race. I was slower then the first Mosport race we had in may in the first race so everybody had to work real hard on Saturday to get better results on track. We got a second a lap faster on Sunday morning, proving the hard work had paid off. » Starting from the 6th position, Éric gave a great show going up to 3rd and grabbing the last podium spot.

« I’m very pleased with the Sunday race. I had a great fight with Charles-André Bilodeau, driver of the GT Racing BMW and current points leader and I’m very happy to have kept with podium spot against such a good driver. My 2nd place in the championship is more secured than ever and the gap with Charles-André as closed up a bit. We will work hard to reduce this variation and to try to rise in the first place, but it will not be easy! » concluded Éric.

As for the 04 MAZDA driver, Christian Raymond who got yet another top ten, this is what he had to say: « I had a bad qualifying session, never getting any clear laps to really attack because of all the traffic. I started 12th for the Saturday race and gained 2 positions off the start. The race was rather uneventful for me, no one was behind me and I couldn’t get anyone in front of me, so I was basically alone doing laps, I finished 10th. »

The St-Jérôme native was then starting in 10th position for the Sunday race. After a poor start, Raymond finally woke up: « I lost 2 positions off the start and 1 more the lap after to end up in the 13th spot. But with a 40 minute race ahead of me I didn’t panic. I caught up to the pack and started passing. I got up to the 8th position and then the fun really started. I was in an amazing fight for the 7th position with the BMW of Jordan Marrison. We had a great clean fight, exchanging positions a few times. In the end he beat me, but we gave a great show to the crowd, no doubt about it. As for the points standings, I’m still 5th overall in the standings and the 3rd and 4th position are still in reach. It won’t be easy but nothing is impossible. »

The next race will be held in Mosport on September 1st and 2nd.

The drivers want to thank their loyal crew Yves Bédard, Dominic Brazeau, Alexandre Boiteau and Mathieu Ouellette, as well as all of our precious partners for there support: Rythme Urbain, Rack’N’Roll, InMotion Promotion, Motul, Lettra dSign, TwoFast Performance, Mazdaspeed, International Allstars, mazdatuning.com and Rire en Coeur.

Visit us online www.twofast.ca // Visit the championship online www.touringcar.ca

From: Valérie Vachon // TwoFast Racing- valerie@twofast.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment