Wednesday, March 21, 2007

DALE JR: "I could have been an artist"

XM Radio issued an e-mail with quotes from Dale Earnhardt Jr. and what he could have been if he didn't become a racer.

Charlotte, N.C. -- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. said Tuesday that he was planning to enroll in art school before he became a NASCAR superstar.

The 32-year-old race car driver told a caller during his XM satellite radio show that, after graduating from high school, he was going to take art classes at a community college in Charlotte, N.C., but he ultimately decided that a racing career was the better path.

“We've never talked about this before,” Earnhardt said. “When I was in high school, I started taking art classes and I started drawing a lot. I’d draw at home and stuff like that, and I was always driving race cars and stuff. That was a big deal. I liked drawing crashes. I don't know why. Before I went and got a degree at Mitchell Community College in Statesville in Automotives, I had plans to enroll at Central Piedmont and take art classes. I was actually heading in that direction and I discovered that I was probably better suited to drive race cars."

Earnhardt took live phone calls from fans during a special edition of his weekly XM show on Tuesday, March 20. Highlights of the call-in show will air during the program’s regular time slot on Thursday, March 22, at 7:30 pm ET. “Dale Jr. Unrestricted” airs on the sport talk radio channel XM Sports Nation (XM channel 144).

***

Transcript of “Dale Jr. Unrestricted,” on XM Satellite Radio’s sports talk radio channel XM Sports Nation (XM Channel 144)
Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dale Jr. on what he was planning to do with his life:
Caller - "I want to ask Dale about art."

Dale Jr. - "Well that's an interesting question and we've never talked about this before. When I was in high school, I started taking art classes and I started drawing a lot. I’d draw at home and stuff like that, and I was always driving race cars and stuff. That was a big deal. I liked drawing crashes. I don't know why. Before I went and got a degree at Mitchell Community College in Statesville in Automotives, I had plans to enroll at Central Piedmont and take art classes..."

Caller - "Oh, awesome."

Dale Jr. - "Yeah, so I was actually heading in that direction and I discovered that I was probably better suited to drive race cars."

From: Carrie Kreiswirth // Pyramid Public Relations

No comments:

Post a Comment