Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Villarreal impresses in Indy Pro test

Courtesy Andre Villarreal Racing

MIAMI, December 29, 2006 – There never was any doubt in Andre Villarreal’s mind that he would pass his Indy Pro Series rookie test on the first try. Invited to take the wheel of one of the 420-horsepower cars over Thanksgiving weekend, Andre left the track with a new license.


Driving one of Brian Stewart Racing’s cars, the 19-year old driver took to the banked oval like a fish to water. “Andre performed admirably during his 150-mile test, taking instruction very well,” said BSR Team Manager Douglas Hoy. “He gradually built up speed until he became comfortable in what was a new experience for him. His progression throughout the test was good and right on target for a rookie driver.”

IPS Technical and Race Director Butch Meyer was also very positive after the test. “Andre was up to speed and running competitive times after just a few warm up laps,” said Meyer. “Andre was very smooth, maintained a consistent line and showed excellent car control through the entire test.”

The new license adds to the world of opportunities offered to Villarreal. “I really enjoyed my experience,” recounts Andre. “The engineer was happy with the chassis handling feedback I gave him, and I’ve been able to get to speed quickly. I think my experience in USAC Ford Focus Midgets and Skip Barber Series allowed me to bond with the car early. We’re really exploring all the different avenues for the upcoming season, and this test is opening new doors for me. I’m very grateful for the opportunity BSR and the Indy Pro Series gave me, and I’m happy I could show them what I was capable to do. I would like to give special thanks to the Vice President of Homestead Speedway, Al Garcia, and Brian Stewart for this opportunity.”

For more information about Andre Villarreal, please visit www.andrevillarreal.com, or contact him at andrevillarreal@bellsouth.net or 305-742-1528.

No comments:

Post a Comment