Monday, November 6, 2006

There were reports that he was gunning for Bourdais at the 19th hole....


From TSN.ca

According to a report in the Toronto Star, Paul Tracy may miss this season's final Champ Car race with a broken right shoulder blade.

Tracy, who currently sits fifth in the standings, suffered the injury while driving a golf cart after he had been drinking in Las Vegas.

"Sorry to say it was self-inflicted,'' Tracy told the Toronto Star. ''I was at a party and had a little too much to drink, and we thought it was a good idea to go out on a golf cart and try and jump some sand dunes with it.''

Tracy told the paper he injured his shoulder when the cart landed on top of him after trying to jump a sand dune.

UPDATE (11/07/06):

So much for PT being a straight shooter... today's version has been sanitized.

''This story has gotten blown way out of proportion,'' Tracy said in a press release. ''Basically what happened is that I was out with some friends playing around with an ATV that I own and it just got a little out of hand, I flipped it over and it landed on top of me. The first three or four days I was making a lot of progress and I thought that I was going to be ok for Mexico. I was doing therapy and some exercises and I think I just overdid it, I just went backwards really fast and the injury got worse.''

How plastered do you have to be to not be able to tell the difference between a golf cart and an ATV?


Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment