Thursday, November 16, 2006

ACT: BRIAN HOAR TO CHALLENGE FOR ACT’S ’07 TITLE

Waterbury, VT – Five-time American-Canadian Tour (ACT) Champion, Brian Hoar of Williston, VT has announced he will return to the Vermont-based Late Model Series in search of a sixth championship title. The second generation driver last claimed an ACT crown in 2000 although he’s competed infrequently off and on with the Series since his departure.
“I’m looking forward to the challenge,” commented the 34 year-old racer who, over the past several years has been a competitor with NASCAR’s Busch East Series. “We’ve got some homework to do – the cars are quite a bit different, plus I’ll need to change my driving style some come spring,” he remarked.
The long-time Dodge driver continued, “It always takes me a little while to get comfortable behind the wheel when the season starts back up, you’ve got to get your mind and reactions back into it. I’ll also need to rediscover ACT’s spec motor, which has less horse power (than the Busch engine), and get used to the narrower 8” Goodyear tire, although the ACT car is wider and handles better than the Busch car.”
“Returning to the tracks where I grew up racing is exciting. It will be great to have fans come and cheer us on at Thunder Road, Airborne, Sanair, White Mountain and Oxford, as well as the other tracks on the 2007 ACT schedule. As a team, we’re particularly excited about the recently announced Super Series race at Kawartha (Speedway near Peterborough, ONT). I’ve done some research on the track over the internet and I think I’ve looked at every photo I could find for the past three years. It looks like a terrific facility. There aren’t a lot of tracks in this area with progressive banking and I can’t wait to head out there.”
Even though Hoar’s been away from regular ACT competition, he is among those considered as a contender for the 2007 crown. “I’m looking forward to Brian’s return,” stated six-time and defending ACT Champion, Jean-Paul Cyr. Cyr tied Hoar’s record of five ACT Late Model titles in 2005.
“It’s a lot of fun to race with him and his team always has a great attitude. Plus,” Cyr added, “He’s going to have a good car. Dave and Donna (Smith of Race Basics) build a competitive car and they’ve helped us to several of our championships,” he finished.
“I’m tickled to death,” agreed Brent Dragon, a three point finisher in each of the past years, “It’s always good to have another competitive car. Brian’s a clean racer; he was one of those you always wanted to beat back when he was winning championships.”
A.J. Begin, of Merrimac, MA hasn’t had much experience racing against Hoar since he arrived on the scene after his departure, “I don’t know much about Brian,” Begin said. “He was at the Ste-Croix Tour race back in May and I remember running side-by-side with him down the backstretch. He got loose and went into the infield, I thought `He’s going to loop it and come back across the track,’ but he never got sideways and amazingly he returned to the track without incident.”
He continued, “With ACT, it doesn’t matter what your name is. There is a lot of good, clean competition. At any given race, there’s a long list of drivers who could win. I understand that he’s a respectful driver and I welcome that.”
Hoar will begin his quest for a record tying sixth ACT Tour Championship on Sunday, April 29 at Maine’s Oxford Plains Speedway.
For additional information contact the ACT office (802) 244-6963 or visit www.acttour.com

From: Marjorie Mulligan Fay

No comments:

Post a Comment