Thursday, November 9, 2006

Pierre Bourque Takes On Another Form Of Racing


DAYTONA BEACH, Florida (November 9, 2006) - - Pierre Bourque had a busy 2006 season. Competing in the NASCAR Busch East Series, the CASCAR Series and the ARCA RE/MAX Series, Bourque continues to have the itch to race and gain more experience behind the wheel.

With his oval racing season complete, Bourque is utilizing the rest of the year to get a jumpstart on next year where he will make another racing milestone next February by competing in the 24 Hours of Daytona.

Earlier this week, the Ottawa, Ontario native invaded Daytona International Speedway taking turns behind the wheel of his racecar preparing him for his biggest racing venture yet.

“I am thrilled to be at Daytona, testing for next year’s 24-hour race,” said Bourque. “It’s been something I’ve wanted to do for years and the opportunity finally presented itself with Kevin Buckler’s TRG team.”

Bourque, who finished inside the top-20 in the final NASCAR Busch East Series points added, “The team is first class. They are proven winners. The car is ultra-quick and the track is super fast. Add to that Kevin’s vast experience, a great group of engineers and the generous advice from the team’s other drivers including Andy Lally and RJ Valentine, you have an extremely hard-to-resist package, and I can’t wait for the race.”

His teammates were equally impressed with Bourque’s performance. “Pierre did a great job and we are going to be just fine,” said Lally. He learns quickly and listens to the advice of his peers and that’s a teammate. I’m looking forward to having him on the same side.”

No matter what kind of racecar Bourque grabs track time, he knows that the seat time is crucial. “The two days on track were all about learning about the track, the car and the team. However, my times kept coming down and my speeds kept going up, the end result being that despite being limited in terms of laps because of rain, I am already at a point where I am competitive and I view the whole experience as a huge jump forward for when we come back here for official testing in early January.”

Bourque has secured sponsorship for the 24 Hours of Daytona with the official announcement to be made public at a later date.

As far as his other 2007 racing plans, Bourque is working around-the-clock to lineup his year, which will include the inaugural 2007 NASCAR Busch Series race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve next August.

“Nothing is set in stone, but I’m working hard to be racing full-time next year,” added Bourque. “This year was a great learning experience for me and I’m thankful for the opportunity that I received. I’m a winner, I want to win next year and that’s my biggest goal.”

For more information on Pierre Bourque, please visit http://www.pierrebourque.com/

For additional input on TRG, please logon to http://www.theracersgroup.com/

###

FROM: Chris Knight, Bourque Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment