Sunday, August 16, 2009

HANSSEN SCORES THIRD TOP-TEN FINISH IN PRIME CHAMP DODGE


August 16, 2009. Joey Hanssen driver of the #40 Prime Champ Dodge took another big step forward toward the rookie of the year title at round number nine of the NASCAR Canadian Tire series at Trois Rivieres, Quebec. Hanssen would produce a solid qualifying effort and claimed his third top-ten finish of the season.

With very little track time for practice and qualifying Hanssen made the most of his efforts. “As usual I had to learn a new track but also the team gave me a good car to work with” said the Prime Champ Dodge driver. “I wish we could have done another qualifying lap or two but it was more important to save the tires for the race” he added.

Hanssen would begin the race fourteenth in the Prime Champ Dodge and while some of the other competitors were charging right from the start, the eighteen year old worked to establish a smooth rhythm and maintain his equipment. “You have to brake so early for the corners, fifty or sixty meters earlier than normal just to save the brakes” he stated.

As the race moved on Hanssen would move the Prime Champ Dodge into the top-ten. “The car was good all through the race” said the driver and I was able improve my position right to the end” he added. “I was fighting with the #4 car and I passed him for eighth spot on the back straightaway, a lot of people kept their eyes closed, but it worked out and I got the spot. Unfortunately he got it back on the last restart but all in all I’m very satisfied” said the happy driver.

Hanssen would claim the ninth finishing position in the Prime Champ Dodge and proclaim the 100km event that was run in very hot and humid conditions “the hardest race of my life”. Hanssen had to push himself to see the race through completion. “My hands are burned, in the last ten laps I just kept telling myself, one more lap, keep going. But I’m really happy with the finish, especially with all the good names that were driving in this race. I’m very happy and looking forward to more success.

After nine races Joey Hanssen now leads the rookie of the year race by 101 points over the next closest competitor.

The 2009 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series gets back in action on Sunday August 30th at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve as part of the Nationwide series weekend. This years schedule will consist of thirteen races on ovals, road courses and temporary street circuits from coast to coast in Canada. All thirteen races will be seen on TSN.

By clicking the link here you can cast your vote for Joey Hanssen as the NASCAR Canadian Tire series most popular driver.

Photo caption: Joey Hanssen in the Prime Champ Dodge




No comments:

Post a Comment