Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Where should we poll next week?

This democracy thing worked out last week so let's try it again. Seven choices on where we can poll next week:

-Arizona. With Hispanic voters in the region unifying around Barack Obama, it could be at a surprising level of competitiveness. A refresh of how Janet Napolitano and John McCain might face off in 2010 would also be interesting.

-Georgia. This is one of three states I'm offering up as possibilities because their large black populations could make them surprisingly competitive if whites and blacks turn out at similar rates and Obama can pull off enough of the white vote. And of course the Senate race has become very tight.

-Indiana. I don't think any explanation is really needed.

-Michigan. That's what we would regularly be polling this week but it seems less pressing with McCain pulling out of the state. I like polling it because it's where I come from but beyond that...

-Mississippi. Similar to Georgia, and also with a compelling but under polled Senate race.

-Nevada. I'm sure this is firmly in the Obama column at this point but there still hasn't been that much polling confirming it.

-South Carolina. Similar to Mississippi and Georgia. When we polled it in July Obama was only down by six. Plus I'm curious to see how Stephen Colbert would stack up against Jim DeMint in 2010.

Personally I'm voting for South Carolina- but the majority will rule. Poll is at the top of the page and I'll keep it going until around 4 PM Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment