Friday, June 26, 2009

Squawker Lisa's Subway Series predictions

Squawker Jon is all pleased to start this weekend off with his Subway Series predictions. Me, not so much.

I'm a bit hesitant to make Subway Series predictions for this series. I had such good predictions the last Subway Series. Among other things I said, the Yankees won two games, and they were the ones I picked them to win. I also correctly surmised that A.J. Burnett would outpitch Johan Santana. So I doubt I can top the accuracy of these predictions.

And geez, I hope I don't jinx anybody - well, at least I hope I don't jinx anybody in a Yankee uniform!

Anyhow, I am going to predict the following:

* Yanks will win Saturday, lose Sunday. Friday is a tossup, but the edge goes to the Yankees.

* A-Rod will continue his hot hitting, and break Reggie Jackson's record. Kate Hudson will be spotted at Citi Field.

* David Wright will not hit a homer.

* Francisco Rodriguez and Brian Bruney will get the biggest boos.

* Yankee fans will give a standing ovation to Luis Castillo.

* Squawker Jon will tick me off at least once at tonight's game, and once at Sunday's game.

* If the Yankees win the series, the Met fans will gripe about payroll and injuries.

What do you think? Leave us a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment